Reservoir Services - Petroelastic Services
Geotrace Reservoir Services applies petroelastic analysis to characterize the seismic responses and/or signatures of various rock and fluid properties in a field or basin. Petroelastic studies are a practical yet powerful extension of petrophysical analysis and a gateway from geology and petrophysics into the geophysics and seismic expression for the asset team of oil and gas companies. It models the interaction between rock/fluid/pore size/pressures and other properties then translates them into a seismic response, thus providing explorationist a better understanding of what their seismic section is telling them in terms of rock and fluid properties, particularly for targeted reservoir formations.
The petroelastic services offered are:
- Digital Log Database
- Well and digital log cataloging
- Log editing, conditioning and environmental corrections
- Petrophysical parameter calculation
- Fluid substitution for gas, oil and water using in situ rock and fluid properties
- 1D petroelastic modeling for the seismic signatures of rock and fluid properties
- Synthetic seismograms for well correlation
- Synthetic CMP gathers for AVO modeling
- Check shots and well calibration
- Resolution effect on synthetic seismograms and AVO responses
- Fluid effect on synthetic seismograms and AVO responses
- 2D petroelastic modeling
- Vertical incident ray for 2D stratigraphic model
- Synthetic 2D responses for zero offset response and stack of AVO model response
- Sensitivity modeling
- 1D and 2D model responses of rock and fluid properties
- Rock property effect on seismic responses: Vp, Vs, density, porosity, thickness, mineral contents, etc.
- Fluid property effect on seismic responses: fluid type, GOR, saturation, etc.
- The combination effect of rock and fluid properties on seismic responses